One of the largest utility companies in the U.S.
Collaborated with product strategists, engineers, change management, and business transformation teams
Crafted intuitive UI that aligned with existing design patterns and considered technical dependencies
We learned that 78% of this unit’s sales required onsite estimates, which cost the business $150 to perform each time. We also learned that 15% of customers declined to purchase service because of a delay in scheduling. After realizing we needed a better way to estimate and schedule work, we prioritized this problem and facilitated a one-week design sprint.
We collaborated with stakeholders to create an up-to-date journey map and align on the current state of operations. We identified pain points and opportunities, documented technical dependencies, and explored possible solutions. Reviewing the feasibility and viability of our ideas helped define the scope for an initial iteration.
It was exciting that we were aligned as a team on appropriate next steps. We finally secured funding by leveraging results from our two-week pilot: Empowering the ‘Inside Sales’ team to provide estimates upfront increased conversion rates by 10% and reduced the number of ‘Onsite Estimates’ by 49%.